The Second Base experience develops leadership styles by exploring the relationships between self, community and organisation in a challenging and enjoyable manner.
Throughout the Second Base experience, participants will be exposed to experiential learning opportunities which include:
- explore the current situation in which you operate
- identify key challenges and impacts in your current environment
- enhance awareness of your own leadership style and identify areas to improve and develop (this may involve linking your learning agenda to existing organisational assessment processes)
- explore your impact on your team, peers and managers
Values based leadership and reflection
- explore your values and purpose
- explore your beliefs and their impact on self and others
- practice effective and empowering communication techniques
- explore the opportunities between leadership development, organisational growth and social consciousness.
- identify steps towards on-going growth and leadership development
- find the alignment of personal purpose and values with organisational goals
- develop a sense of appreciation and perspective
- enhance sense of self and realise personal responsibility
- explore the reality of a social conscience and become interested in the opportunities to add value to your current environment.